Are you interested in joining us?Here are some of the perks by becoming a ARC member!
- Work on our exciting DIY projects centered around radio and engineering or propose your own!
- Access to free FCC exam materials and free testing sessions to upgrade you HAM license
- Card access to the club's HAM Shack on the 11th floor of ESB
- Ability to use club's radio equipment at any point (Subject to FCC license restrictions)
- Great educational and professional experiences
That sounds awesome. What's the next step?
There are a few steps to become a full member.
- Join the club through WVUEngage. You will need your WVU login for this.
- Pay Dues! You can pay your dues via a check made out to WVU Amateur Radio Club or cash at the next meeting you attend. Dues are currently $20.
- Join the WVU ARC Discord to stay up to date on all club events and activities, along with joining in some good natured conversation with your fellow HAMs
- Get your license, this is optional unless you'd like to be an officer, but if you're in the club you will want to get your license to fully participate! The club hosts several "Tech In A Day" events where you can study for and take your exam all in one day!
- Come to a meeting! See the calendar for the dates, you can also join the google calendar. We usually meet in AER 135 (Subject to change)